We are a community based Not for Profit Club, run by a management committee. The majority of our members are recreational gymnasts. We run our club and all our classes around the Gymnastics Australia philosophy of Gymnastics for All. Where the focus for each class is on the 4 pillars of gymnasts: “Fun, Friendship, Fundamentals and Fitness.”
What should my child wear to Gym?
What to bring to gym
Dropping off and Collecting Children before and after Class
Please ensure that your child is collected from the gym no later than 5minutes after their class has finished.
The coaching staff need to return to the following class and cannot be supervising your child.
Missed Lesson policy and Absences from class
Contact and Promotions
We do have an active social media presence and would like all our members to utilise this resource as we regularly post reminders of events and other club news on these pages.
Our Facebook link is: https://www.facebook.com/OatleyRslYouthClubGymnastics/
For further information please refer to the enrolment form you signed to admit your child to gymnastics, or refer to our website for more details.
Membership Co-ordinator - Susan Liu. Contact her for enquiries regarding class vacancies and placement, fees, Active Kids vouchers and invoicing . Her contact details are as follows:
BEHAVIOUR MANAGEMENT POLICY
Updated Feb 2018
To guide the gymnasts at Oatley Gymnastics Club on appropriate guidelines of behaviour, interaction, communication and training. This policy should be read in conjunction with Club policies
This policy applies to Gymnast Members training in the Oatley RSL Youth Gymnastics Club.
It also applies to Staff (paid), Committee Members, Technical Members (Judges & Coaches), Volunteers - Staff (non-paid) and parents working in support roles; & Visitors - being competing gymnasts from other Clubs, spectators and contractors.
This Policy applies to all Gymnast Members, Staff, Committee Members, Technical Members, Volunteers and Visitors attending Oatley RSL Gymsports Club venue; including activities and events held in the Club name or in representing the Club at other venues.
All Members, volunteers and visitors are expected to:
· Recognise that physical, sexual or verbal abuse, bullying, tormenting or ridicule is unacceptable behaviour by any person. Oatley RSL Gymnastics Club will not tolerate ANY kind of this behaviour towards any persons. This behaviour will result in immediate termination of membership and any affiliation or access to Oatley RSL Gymnastics club.
• Abide by the Code of Behaviour relevant to their role;
• Respect the rights of others outlined in the policies of Oatley RSL Gymsports, including, but not exclusive to:
1. Risk Management
2. Member Protection
3. Codes of Behaviour
4. Youth Club Ethics
5. Safety Rules
Responsibilities of Gymnasts
8. Gymnasts should demonstrate a high work ethic and attempt all suggested exercises and not give up or becoming discouraged when unable to complete something.
9. All gymnasts should be able to be supportive and sensitive to their team-mates and other members
It is also your responsibility as the parent to be aware of these policies and assist the staff and gymnasts to follow these.
Oatley RSL Gymsports will deal with any breach of the Behaviour Management Policy promptly, seriously, sensitively and confidentially.
Should a breach arise, Oatley RSL Gymsports will:
i. Approach the person creating the problem and ask him or her to stop the behaviour
ii. If the behaviour continues, or it is not possible to approach the person, contact either:
a) Coach or manager
b) The Club’s Member Protection Contact Officer; &/or
c) President or other official of the club or State association.
If no resolution is achieved, all reports are provided to a disciplinary committee, who will determine the appropriate course of action
1. Should the behaviour of a gymnast/parent not meet those expected in our Behaviour Policy the following procedures will apply:-
· Ensure the gymnast/parent understands that the behaviour was inappropriate.
· Allow the gymnast/parent to return to activity within a designated time frame.
· AReport and record of the incident will be logged appropriately in the Behaviour Management log book.
2. Should a second reoccurrence of misbehaviour happen then a verbal warning will be given to the gymnast and parent. This will also be documented in the log book as a second warning. 3. Should a third incident of misbehaviour occur, the gymnasts will be placed on a Behaviour Management Plan. This involves a meeting with parents and coaching staff. The discipline plan will be developed with the manager, coaching staff, Gymnast and parent.
All incidents, documentation, and meetings are treated as strictly confidential, and are not discussed with parties who aren’t directly involved
Oatley RSL Gymsports Club Gymnastics’ administration responsible for implementing this Policy will keep confidential the names and details relating to breaches, unless disclosure is:
I. Necessary as part of the disciplinary or corrective process; &
II. Required by law.